Skip to main content

Slave Of The Slaves !

There is an amusing story concerning Alexander, the Great. When he came to India, he found that the Indians were a race of brave, fearless people. He made friends with them.

When he was about to return to his country, he remembered that his people had asked him to bring to them an Indian yogi. They had heard a lot about yogis and were very desirous of seeing one, meeting him, hearing him speak and receiving his blessings. Alexander was told that the yogis dwelt in the forest.

In quest of a yogi he went to a forest. Sure enough, he found one sitting underneath a tree, in deep meditation. He waited patiently until the yogi opened his eyes. They shone with a strange, mystic light.

Reverently, Alexander requested the yogi to accompany him to Greece, saying. "I will give you everything you need or ask for. But, pray, do come with me. My people would love to meet you!"

The yogi quietly answered, "I need nothing, I am happy where I am!"
This was the first time that anyone had turned down Alexander's request. He could not control himself. He flew into a rage.

And unsheathing his sword, he thundered, "Do you know who is speaking to you? I am the great king Alexander. If you will not listen to me. I shall kill you- cut you into pieces!"

Unperturbed, the yogi answered. "You cannot kill me! You can only kill my body. And the body is but a garment I have worn. I am not the body. I am that which dwells within the body! I am not the deh. I am the dehin- the indwelling one!"
The yogi continued, "You say you are a king. May I tell you, who you are? You are a slave of my slave!"

Stunned. Alexander asked. "How am I a slave of your slave?"
In a voice tender with compassion, the yogi explained. "I have mastered anger. Anger is my slave. See, how easily you gave way to anger. You are a slave of anger, and, therefore, a slave of my slave!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sufi Sight... !!..

CLOUDS NOW & THEN GIVE SOUL SOME RESPITE FROM THE MOON GAZING BEHOLD... !!.. ~Baku (A Haiku Translated From Japanese) ... Just Read & Enjoy ! [1] A seeker went to ask a sage for guidance on the Sufi way. The sage counseled, " If you have never trodden the path of love, go away and fall in love; then come back and see us. " ~Jami [2] The Sun never says to the Earth - 'You owe me.' " Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky. " ~Hafiz

Reflections On Death

Love, Work & Give as if you'll die tonight. Dream Like Children as if you're gonna live forever. To gain an understanding of the shortness and preciousness of life and how to make it meaningful we need to reflect on the fact that death is certain and that the time of death is uncertain. These points may seem obvious but we rarely stop to accept the truth of them. When we consider that death is certain we can reflect on several points :: there is no possible way to escape death [nobody ever has], life has a definite, inflexible limit and each moment brings us closer to the end of this life, and death comes in a moment and it's time is unexpected [and even while alive we devote very little of our life to spiritual practice]. When reflecting on the fact that the time of death in uncertain we can analyse this further by recognising that :: the duration of our lifespan is uncertain young people can die before old people, the healthy before the sick, etc. ther...

To Suffer Is To Love || To Love Is To Suffer !

To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love; but then one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer, to suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love; to be happy then is to suffer, but suffering makes one unhappy; therefore to be unhappy one must love or love to suffer or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down. ~Love and Death (A Dialogue From This Movie) A FRIEND RESPONDED TO THIS BY SAYING :: What the **** of "suffer and love" tale tht was...it was far from being enlightening, besides was a crap...lol..
Copyright © 2006-2018 Social World Wide